Friday, October 2, 2015

OctPoWriMo 2015 - Day 2 - Running

When I saw today's prompt about hitting the ground running, I stopped right there - no more prompting needed, and I read no further.  Now, I don't think that the author meant the prompt to mean to write about running - but that is what I did and here is that poem.


Running

It may be for fun
Could be to survive
Or to feed the need to
Satisfy a competitive urge

Arms and legs move in tandem
Speed ranging slow to fast
Thrills, exahuastion, exuberance
Just begin to tell of emotions felt

Humans are truly blessed
To have this ability
Given to them for use
In any manner they see fit.

7 comments:

  1. See and that's the great part - the inspiration can come from anywhere!
    For the record...I don't run. Ever. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem about running made me remember a time when two joggers tried to pass me after making certain remarks about the speed of a female runner! I just amped up my speed a little bit. They couldn't pass me . . . and the view ahead remained clear and uncluttered. Enjoy your running and I liked that line "could be to survive" for we are all survivors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen!!! We take our bodies for granted WAY too often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your take on the prompt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone. And for the record...former runner here. Calves and kness only allow walking now, but still get out every day.

    ReplyDelete