Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Forward Pass - a football drabble

Since it has been awhile since I wrote one of these, let me quickly explain what is a drabble. It is simply a complete story or thought expressed in exactly 100 words - no more, no less. I am going back to occasionally writing and sharing these, so I hope you enjoy.  Here is one on a simple football play.

_________________________________________________________________

The ball was smartly placed in the quarterback’s hands. Three quick steps back later, an even quicker throw made the pigskin spin. The laces were blurred because of the speed of the rotation.  Straight as an arrow, the tight spiraling ball met the end of the path quickly.  Another man placed his hands up to stop the flight and bring it crashing down.  But instead of a violent ending, the object in question was cradled and loved like an infant.  Protecting his new child, the man took off in the same direction, hoping to take this newborn all the way. 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I am closing my eyes... thinking about the above. Yes I see it! I see a Eagles play holding onto that ball like an infant and crossing the line for a TD!!!!!

    ReplyDelete